The Spring 2021 North Texas ARES SET is 8 am and 3 pm, May 8th. During the SET, there will be several opportunities for participation.
- Local City or County Exercise at the discretion of the Emergency Coordinator (EC). **NOTE: If there is no EC appointed for your county, please refer to the activities plan that will be forward later in the week for ways to participate.
- American Red Cross (ARC) National Exercise
- Military Auxiliary Radio Service (MARS) Armed Forces Day Crossband Test (Armed Forces Day 2021 – DoD MARS).
The primary objectives for the NTX SET are:
- Provide communications support for the American Red Cross using their preferred method of communication, Winlink.
- Participate in the Armed Forces Day Crossband Test – please visit the website at Armed Forces Day 2021 – DoD MARS For more information. (All AROs are invited to participate).
- Activate local ARES assets and establish communications nets.
- Provide status reporting to District Emergency Coordinator and the North Texas Section.
The ongoing Pandemic has impacted all of our lives and will be a consideration for the near future. Accordingly, all ARES Members and Leadership should follow current CDC guidelines and local mandates. Please consider that members may not be comfortable gathering in groups or with in-person interaction. Local SET activities must take these factors into account. SAFETY is and should always be our number one factor in any event.
Please find the attached Incident Activities Plan for distribution. A copy will be made available on our Groups.io and ARRLNTX.org websites.
If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.