*** PLEASE DISTRIBUTE TO ALL ARES MEMBERS ***
EFFECTIVE 1800 12 FEB 2021 – 1800 19 FEB 2021
UPDATE 02/15 1200: ARC Requests Winlink message if become aware of a humanitarian unmet need. Send the following via Winlink (no specific form required):
- Location: city & county
- Event Type: Fire, Needed Shelter, food, warmth, …
- Who: Contact information and address
- Status: Number of Adults, #Children, Note injuries or death.
- Whether or not you were able to reach local authority for the need. (Local official / contact info)
Please send to TXRACUS-DST; TXRCAUSDSTCM; NTXARES-SEC. Check the “Request Message Receipt” to verify that your request was received.
UPDATE 02/15 1200: ERCOT has issued an EMERGENCY ACTION ALERT 3: Rotating outages for multiple hours with some outages possibly extended due to equipment issues. 1.2 Mil subscribers in North Texas without power.
UPDATE 02/15 1200: Additional WINTER WEATHER expected Tuesday Night / Wednesday. Please take extra precautions when go outside. Wind Chills are below freezing.
UPDATE 02/14 1400: The ENTIRE State of Texas is under a WINTER STORM WARNING
UPDATE 02/14 1400: ERCOT has posted a Conservation Alert for most of Texas. Current demand vs capacity and reserve information can be found at Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ercot.com).
UPDATE 02/14 1400: Formal Standby Request received from American Red Cross, Texas. Trained ARES members may be asked to provide communications support or other assistance, if activated
UPDATE 02/13 0800: Governor of Texas has issued a Disaster Declaration thru Friday, 19 FEB 2021.
UPDATE 02/13 0800: American Red Cross is opening several facilities throughout Texas
UPDATE 02/13 0800: Several Off-Road groups are providing transportation support for First Responders, Frontline Medical and others. Please visit your area Emergency Management or Organization Websites for more information. Currently, the Groups include:
Texas Off-Road Amateur Radio Club ((8) Texas Off-Road Amateur Radio Club | Facebook)
North Texas Jeep Club (https://northtexasjeepclub.com/)
The National Weather Service has forecasted significant Winter Weather for the North Texas Section from Saturday thru Thursday of next week. This period of potentially record breaking cold may have significant impacts on transportation, water and electric grids.
It is important that all ARES team members are diligent in maintaining situational awareness and weather aware during this period.
Please visit your local Weather Service Office Webpage/Social Media sites for up to date forecast information for your area.
The Remote State Operations Center is at Readiness Level II Escalated Response Conditions.
All District and Emergency Coordinators are asked to place their teams on Standby in support of Emergency Operations Centers and our partners.
All activation / deactivation notices should be copied to SEC@ARRLNTX.ORG (Winlink: ARES-NTXSEC).
Any support must include member safety training and equipping with proper PPE prior to any activity as directed by local Emergency Management.
All AUXCOMM/COM-L/COM-T are asked to provide updated contact information and availability to the North Texas Section Emergency Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
All ARES and RACES Members are asked to:
- Ensure all equipment in working order by testing its operation
- Ensure all batteries/alternate power sources are fully charged and in working order
- Ensure all vehicles are working and filled up/charged
- Ensure your Emergency Coordinator and/or District Emergency Coordinator and/or Section Emergency Coordinator have updated contact information
- Stay Weather Aware by monitoring your local Weather Service
- Follow guidelines for infection prevention for COVID-19 that have been promulgated by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Do not report to any exercise, activity, event or work if you have COVID-19 Symptoms
- While participating in any exercise or activity; be sure you are clear as to your tasks and responsibilities that are assigned to you
- Be courteous, supportive and calm – your community needs you!
- And ABOVE ALL STAY SAFE – Wear proper PPE as directed by local Emergency Management