*** FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION ***
EFFECTIVE 1300 30 DEC 2020 – 2400 01 JAN 2021
The National Weather Service has forecast Winter and Severe Flooding for the North Texas Section Wednesday-Friday of this week. Winter weather is expected in the Western Part of the Section and potentially severe flooding for the eastern half of the Section. Please visit your local Weather Service Office Webpage/Social Media sites for up to date forecast information for your area.
The Remote State Operations Center has been activated.
All District and Emergency Coordinators are asked to place their teams on Standby in support of Emergency Operations Centers and our partners.
All activation / deactivation notices should be copied to SEC@ARRLNTX.ORG (Winlink: ARES-NTXSEC).
Any support must include member safety training and equipping with proper PPE prior to any activity as directed by local Emergency Management.
All AUXCOMM/COM-L/COM-T are asked to provide updated contact information and availability to the North Texas Section Emergency Coordinator (email@example.com)
All ARES and RACES Members are asked to:
- Ensure all equipment in working order by testing its operation
- Ensure all batteries/alternate power sources are fully charged and in working order
- Ensure all vehicles are working and filled up/charged
- Ensure your Emergency Coordinator and/or District Emergency Coordinator and/or Section Emergency Coordinator have updated contact information
- Stay Weather Aware by monitoring your local Weather Service
- Follow guidelines for infection prevention for COVID-19 that have been promulgated by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Do not deploy unless directed to by your Emergency Coordinator or District Emergency Coordinator
- Do not report to any exercise, activity, event or work if you have COVID-19 Symptoms
- While participating in any exercise or activity; be sure you are clear as to your tasks and responsibilities that are assigned to you
- Be courteous, supportive and calm – your community needs you!
- And ABOVE ALL STAY SAFE – Wear proper PPE as directed by local Emergency Management